All parents and carers are invited to attend this educational and empowering session with Cybersafety expert, Susan McLean. Susan is Australia’s foremost expert in the area of Cybersafety and young people.
If you would like to attend this free session, please RSVP here.
Through this session, parents and carers will learn:
- Reality and risk. The reality of the online world.
- What kids are doing online. Learn the latest apps and platforms your kids are either on, want to be on or are being told about at school.
- Online Grooming. What is it and when/how does it occur? What are the warning signs and what to do if you suspect this is happening to your child.
- Cyberbullying. What it is, where it happens, what it looks like, how to prevent and what to do if it occurs. Also the legal consequences and the possible criminal charges.
- Sharing Nudes. The taking and sending of explicit images.The social and emotional consequences as well as the Law.
- Problematic Gaming. How to manage digital devices in your home to avoid problems and what to do if/when they arise.
- Exposure to damaging content.
- Top Tips– how to assist the children in your care to stay safe online with rules, parental controls and restriction passcodes.
- The session will conclude with time for questions.