St Stephen’s Catholic College is a family of faith which is committed to working in partnership with students and parents.
- Parents of those students accepted into the college family are expected to understand, accept and support the Catholic Ethos of the college.
- Evangelisation through witness and example will occur.
- There is an inclusive enrolment policy to cater for students with medical conditions and / or disabilities.
- A large percentage of the college community will be Catholic to enable the growth of all in the Catholic Faith.
- Parents should be fully conversant with the Mission Statement of the college.
- The Enrolment Handbook reminds parents at enrolment that the right of the student to have a place in our college confers an equal right on the college authority to receive the financial support of parents by way of payment of fees.
- No student will be deprived of a Catholic Education because of the genuine financial difficulties of his or her family.
- All students will participate in the Religious Education, Liturgical, Retreat/Camps, Community and Activities programs of the college.
- Parents will be involved in the life of the college (College Board, Parents and Friends Association, tuckshop, other voluntary work etc).
- Enrolment of a student at a Catholic primary school does not guarantee enrolment at St Stephen’s Catholic College, and enrolment in compulsory education to Year 10 does not guarantee enrolment into Senior Education. Continued enrolment depends on the student meeting the expectations of the college derived from the Mission Statement.
- New and continuing enrolments are at the discretion of the Principal.
- Students will abide by the Pastoral Care Policy and Dress Code of the college.
A community of growth with
opportunities and options
Thank you for considering St Stephen’s Catholic College for your child. St Stephen’s Catholic College welcomes students for all year levels at any time, however, it should be noted that enrolments for year seven for 2023 are now closed. Waiting lists exist for most year levels. Enquiries and applications are welcome at any time if vacancies are available.
Enrolments at St Stephen’s Catholic College open at the start of the year and can be completed online at the following link:
St Stephen’s Catholic College holds an annual open evening, usually during the month of March. The information is available as follows:
- Principal and students attending Catholic Primary Schools in the region (St Thomas of Villanova Mareeba, St Anthony’s Dimbulah, St Augustine’s Mossman and St Joseph’s Atherton)
- The College Website and Social Media (including Facebook and Instagram).
- Advertisements in the local newspaper.
The process to be followed to complete an enrolment is outlined below:
An enrolment application is required for each child you wish to enrol. A non-refundable, non-transferable $100.00 application fee must be paid on submission of each application. The form/s need to be fully completed with all supporting documentation attached. The supporting documentation required is:
- Birth Certificate
- Last two school reports
- NAPLAN Testing Results (as applicable)
- Baptismal Certificate (if baptised)
- Any medical or learning reports
- If noted in your application, Legal Documentation, Medical Action Plan and Student Specialist Assessments
If your enrolment application advances to the interview stage, we will invite you and your child to attend an interview with the Principal or any member of the Leadership Team.
Following the interview, an offer of enrolment may be made and will be confirmed in writing. This offer is accepted by parents through payment of a non-refundable confirmation fee of $200.00 for day students This confirmation fee is non refundable in the event the enrolment offer is later rescinded by the parent/guardian.